Don’t let Summer Slip Away!
Labor Day has come and gone here in Fort Wayne and soon Summer will do the same. Don’t let Summer slip away. Give it a fond farewell by following a few of these tips to help you make the most out of the last few weeks of summer!
- Have one last cookout – No summer is complete without one huge blowout of a party! Gather your friends and family at nearby Shoaff Park to have one last cookout while the weather is still nice. Grill some hot dogs and play some cornhole!
- Spend Time Outdoors – Before you know it, you won’t be able to go outside without getting bundled up! Be sure to soak up every last ray of sunshine before it’s too late.
- Eat Outside – Is there anything better than enjoying dinner and some drinks outside? Fort Wayne is lucky enough to have lots of awesome outdoor dining options! If you haven’t made The Deck a part of your summer, what are you waiting on?!? Do it before it’s too late! Here’s a list of some of the bars and restaurants in the Fort Wayne area that offer outdoor dining.
- Walk the Trails – One of the best things about Fort Wayne is the acres and acres of parks and trails! Don’t let summer slip away before biking or walking the Rivergreenway one last time! Check out a full map of the Fort Wayne trails here.
- Treat Yourself to Some Ice Cream – I don’t know a family who hasn’t made Zesto Ice Cream a part of their summer tradition. Be sure to grab some ice cream before they close for the season! Carousel Ice Cream on State Street also has a great selection of ice cream, including non-dairy options!
- Golf – If you’re like us, golfing is a favorite pastime around this time of year. Plus, Montrose Square Apartments is within walking distance of one of the best golf courses in Fort Wayne, Shoaff Park Golf Course! Go out and play nine holes or perfect your swing at the driving range!
Whatever you do, make sure you get outside and take advantage of these last few weeks of summer! Soak up every last ray of sunshine before the cold sets in! What are some of your favorite end of Summer traditions? Let us know in the comments below!