Spring Cleaning your Apartment
Are you wearing shorts as soon as the weather hits 40 degrees? Are you spending your evenings polishing your golf clubs? Are you currently shopping for a new swimsuit online? Do you stare out the window and dream of walking on fresh cut grass? If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, you are most likely suffering from cabin fever. You’ve been cooped up in your apartment for well over three months and all you want to do is get outside and breathe in the warm, Spring air. Unfortunately, we have a few more weeks until we will see beautiful colors and flowers blooming. So, while you’re stuck in your apartment for a few more weeks, why not get a head start on Spring cleaning? By getting your Spring cleaning out of the way now, you can make sure that it’s done by the time sunny days and warm weather rolls around! Use this quick Spring cleaning checklist so you can knock out your spring cleaning in no time at all!
- Take everything out of drawers and reorganize them. Get rid of anything you don’t use or need
- Remove everything from your closet. Dust closet shelves and sweep the floor.
- Organize bookshelves, etc. to get rid of clutter.
- Dust every surface of your bedroom including lampshades, bedside tables, and furniture.
- Clean mirrors and windows with window cleaner.
- Vacuum carpet and/or rugs.
- Wash bed sheets and comforter
- Make bed
- Dust shelves, end tables, electronics, lampshades and all furniture
- Vacuum sofas and recliners
- Wash all windows and mirrors
- Sort through books, CDs, DVDs, and toys. Donate anything you don’t want anymore.
- Wash plastic toys in soapy water
- Vacuum carpet and/or rugs
- Get rid of clutter on shelves, end tables, etc.
- Wash all throw pillows and blankets
- Remove everything from cabinets and get rid of anything you don’t need
- Wipe down cabinets and place everything back, in an organized manner.
- Scrub down toilets, inside and out.
- Clean bathtub and/or shower
- Clean sinks and polish faucets
- Clean mirrors and windows with window cleaner
- Wipe down counters
- Sweep and mop floor
- Remove everything from drawers, wipe down inside of drawers and replace everything in an organized manner.
- Wash and sanitize cutting boards
- Wipe down every surface in your kitchen including countertops, refrigerator, and dishwasher.
- Deep clean stove top and oven.
- Take everything out of the refrigerator and clean shelves. Be sure to throw out expired food.
- Wash windows
- Clean microwave inside and out
- Remove crumbs from toaster
- Scrub down sink and polish faucets
- Sweep and mop floor
After you have completed everything on this list, your apartment spring cleaning is all done! Hopefully, now you will be ready to get outside and enjoy the beautiful weather when it comes. You’ll definitely thank us later.